Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Miss Maddie's Christmas Top

Ok I have given in to popular demand and posted a pic of the shirred top I made last night. Nothing new but still some sewing I guess.
I just can't decide on the straps, she is 9 1/2 so I wasn't sure if she would want the shirred straps, or flat straps so I made both and her mum can hand sew them in.
I was a little suprised at how tight the shirring went on this top. I wound the elastic on quite loosely compared to what I had done in the past as I was tight with the width of fabric. I hope it fits her ok. I am beginning to think that it depends on the fabric, one I made last week the shirring was really loose???

1 comment:

tigerfilly said...

Very Pretty, I like the shirred strap version. How nice to be able to make pretty things for a 9 year old. Mine is in the tomboy stage where she wouldn't wear a pretty top if you payed her LOL