Thursday, October 26, 2006

EB Secret Santa Questions

1. What's your favorite colour? pink, purple, green

2. What's your favorite item to sew? anything for Ellyse

3. What items other people have made would you have loved to have done yourself? I never really perfected the twirly skirt for Ellyse, other than that I have tried everything I wanted to so far.

4. What takes your fancy in the notions world? Rik Rack? Ribbons? Love rick rack and ribbons but don't feel creative enough to get into them that much. Would like to though.

5. What is your fabric weakness? Anything that I can use for Ellyse! Pink, pink and more pink!

6. What's one thing you haven't tried but would like to? Um not sure really, I have tried most things. Maybe just different types of fabrics and sewing more for myself.

7. Is there any patterns that you like in particular? I tend to go for patterns that have more than one style - value for money - that's me!

8. How long have you been sewing for? Since I was 13, so 17 years - wow!

9. What size are your kids? Ellyse is size 1.

10. Do you like quick projects or projects that take a little longer to finish? Either or, I tend to just go go go until they are done anyway.

11. What do you hope to do with your sewing in the future?Selling/Sell more/keep as hobby etc/Design....? I just like my sewing as a hobby. I am happy to make things for friends and gifts but I don't think I am interested in selling outside of that.

12. What is your favourite time of year? I love my birthday and Christmas, especially now we have little Ellyse

13. What is your favorite type of fabric? Not sure on this one, I tend to stick to the safe fabrics!

14. What is you least favourite fabric to sew with? I don't think I have ever sewn with something I didn't like, I need to experiment a little maybe

15. Do you have any christmas traditions? Only with my parents, we are looking forward to developing some of our own. I love the idea of a Christmas decoration.

16. What frustrates you about sewing? My lack of creative ability. I see items in the shops and think "Wow I could make that" but I would never think to do those colour combos together, or add ribbon. I am trying to challenge myself to think more about that type of thing.

17. What 'style' do you dress your children in/ which shop clothes do you try to imitate? I don't think I try to imitate any particular style, I just see something I like and see if I can either find a pattern or have a go myself. I more dislike a lot of the clothes available and I like Ellyse to look like a little girl, rather than a mini adult. I am quite conservative in my dress too!

No comments: