Thursday, October 19, 2006

YAY I finally made a library bag


Well I have been thinking about doing this for months, ever since I saw a post in the hobbies thread about handmade gifts. A lady showed a pic of one of these and I knew it would make a great gift. Ferris (Sarah) was a huge help, e-mailing me pics and measurements.
After a test run last night on a smaller version I tried the real thing tonight. It took me a while to work out the pattern but once I had that it was only about 20 minutes to sew it. I have a few adjustments to make to the pattern before making my next one but am so pleased with the out come.
Ellyse's name will be appliqued on with the hot pink cotton, would you believe I could not find the vlizoflex (sp) tonight ( I should get to bed anyway).
Anyway I am thinking that these could be a great item to sell, maybe just to the girls at MG. My friend was telling me about some online that were $50 I think and they don't look THAT great.
http://www.allmineforkids.com.au/files/A3Q7EUN89R/final%20carry%20bag.JPG
Thanks again to Ferris for the assistance.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The bag looks great!!! I love the different fabric for the top part! I can not believe that people charge $50 for them... well I can, but I can not believe that people spend that much on a library bag...

I would definately make them to sell though, if I were you! Yours looks great!

Liv said...

Great work.

Can i ask where you got the pattern/instructions? I would love to make some of these - they are so practical.

LOVE the contrasting fabric.