Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My BAD attempt at a rabbit softie

My friend's little sister had a baby girl yesterday, Matilda Rose. I thought I would make the baby a little softie like the one Belinda made for Ellyse. I quickly traced off the pattern and sat down and wrote down the order in which to do things so I wouldn't rush.
Well I didn't read my instructions as I went and unpicked the darn thing 3 times! It is not very good and I am not sure if I am actually going to give it away. I even embroided her initials on the back of it. Let's say it is very rustic looking!
I didn't get the measurements right, it is a fair bit smaller than Belinda's but it is cute.
I am looking forward to having another go!

No other real sewing today, am just trying to get my head around the library bags I want to make. I am not a visual learner/person at all I am more hands on. I will make a little practice one first.

7 comments:

lolliegirl said...

Awwwww, she's beautiful!! You did well. Not a 'BAD' attempt at all!

Helen said...

Matilda! What a lovely name!!! Just as lovely as the softie! :)

Cass said...

I think it looks great. I'm sure it will be appreciated

Liv said...

I think it looks great too. Better than what i could manage

Unknown said...

I love it too. I think the fabric combinations you have used look great. It's a lovely little moopy.

Andrea said...

Thanks girls, I am comparing it to the perfect one Belinda made. Flossie I am a born perfectionist! I hate things crockered or in the wrong place!
Ingrid, thanks for the comment re colour combo, I really struggled with that!

Belinda said...

Andrea - please do not compare yours to mine. Yours looks fantastic! Anyway, I distinctly remember mine had a little bump down its side (that is the main fault I can remember), so it was definitely far from perfect.
Yours looks great.