Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I am sewing again!

Well it feels like ages since I have sewen, but yesterday and today I have been back into it big time.
Yesterday I made two hats the same. One for a friend's DD and one for Ellyse. It is a little bit small and because of this Ellyse hated having it on her head. Today was a new day though and she was more than happy to try it on - you will notice though that she was restrained at the time!

I went to SL today to get some denim to complete my fabric challenge. I had pictured in my head exactly what I wanted to do. I was supried at the cost of denim ($14.95 m), lucky I am extremely happy with the outcome!
Thanks to Novy who came to the rescue with some close up pics and instructions on how to do a cuff. I did ok until it came time to fold the cuff up and I realised I had forgotten Nivy's original tip about making sure it was stitched first! Oops. There is now no cuff, it is folded under instead. I am still happy with the look.
I am not so happy with the top, it is clumsily made and is a bit small. She will get a little wear out of it.
I love the completed outfit though and am looking forward to seeing what others do with the fabric!

7 comments:

lolliegirl said...

Oooh, I love it. The top is cute and I love the matching (non) cuff! Great job, You've come so far from when we first 'met' you!

Cass said...

Wow it looks great Andrea. A job well done.

Little Munchkins said...

That looks great Andrea! Love the cuffs too. That top looks like one I made before using a Simplicity pattern, did you use the same pattern?

I was about to do the PP top when Mum told me DD has too many clothes :( It is true, I buy so many and now make some myself. I have told myself to wait a little while and then make the PP top for her. Thanks for the instructions.

Sharon said...

Lovely!! I love the matched (almost) cuff! Hat is cute too!!

Leah said...

So so cute! I'm getting such inspiration here.... and I adore the hat! Is it hard?
x

Julie said...

Andrea, the outfit looks just fantastic!!!

Andrea said...

Thanks girls, you are too kind! I am just pleased you can't see it IRL, no it's not that bad.
I didn't think I would go for the blue but I love it on Ellyse, it would have to be one of my favourite things I have sewn.